- DSP Transparency Thursday, 20 July 2017 7:07 am
- More on Ads.txt Wednesday, 19 July 2017 12:41 pm
- Before You Worry About Match Rates… Wednesday, 19 July 2017 9:12 am
- Digital Media: As Memorable as Kenny G? Monday, 17 July 2017 9:07 am
- Nobody’s Talking About This ads.txt Problem Monday, 10 July 2017 9:16 am
- RT @Aelkus: Anytime someone says technology x is inevitable and unstoppable you should ask them if they have a financial interest in it/ / 1 hour ago
- RT @greenberg_rick: Clients...DEMAND transparency! "Only 43% of agency execs say don't take kickbacks" Grt piece: @jmandese @MediaPost http…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @TheRickWilson: No. It's time to actually TEACH ALGEBRA. twitter.com/NPR/status/887…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @zacharylipton: I don't think the media or business communities have caught on that nearly everyone *currently* peddling "AI-powered" ch…/ / 1 day ago
- I believe all marketers use ad blockers, refuse 3rd party cookies, etc. Using my dirty browser: Internet is a slow, buggy mess! #adtech/ / 1 day ago
- RT @markritson: The sad death of Tv continues in the USA. www-latimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/www.latimes.…/ / 2 days ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- 2012 adtech advertising analysis apple Bob Hoffman branding career communications D-Day data digital marketing digital media direct marketing fraud Google ideas leadership marketing media meetings music online advertising organization philosophy planning predictions privacy product development programmatic sales security Simon Sinek social media strategy targeting technology thinking travel Why
Tag Archives: segmentation
Segment the universe first, determine your target audiences, and craft offers that appeal to those people. If you’re mostly worried about audience reach or how many devices are in your graph (whatever that is), you’re not marketing. Sorry.
As a proper marketer, before you begin segmentation and targeting to create your strategy, look first to the first P of marketing. Your product. Why? If your product doesn’t work, the most brilliant targeting strategy can’t work. You’ll have no monthly recurring … Continue reading
The only people who ever got rich by developing exotic solutions to common problems are the ones selling the solutions. FOMO (fear of missing out) is not a reason to be wasting your dollars on untested media or unproven “audience” schemes pitched by salespeople. If the media works, it will be there tomorrow. Continue reading
I thought the modern age of non-intrusive advertising was supposed to give me only the relevant ads I wanted to see, lovingly presented to me by some perfect algorithm hand-crafted in a loft in SoHO? Ta-da–you’ve just seen what happens when you get stuffed into an “audience.” Continue reading