- Your Target Audience Just Got Bigger Thursday, 26 January 2023 9:05 am
- Sometimes Friday, 15 April 2022 7:58 am
- Who Pulled the Names? Friday, 4 December 2020 8:45 am
- Creating a Narrative… Thursday, 12 November 2020 7:45 am
- What are Your Principles? Wednesday, 19 August 2020 7:56 am
- RT @ZelenskyyUa: Expelling the occupier, clearing our land of traces of the evil state, punishing terrorists are our tasks that we will ful…/ / 1 day ago
- @PaulJawin A few less genocidal orcs. Nice work. Смерть окупантам./ / 1 day ago
- RT @nntaleb: Venture capitalists had the reputation of ill dressed people who helped progress. They will go down in history as ill dressed…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @UticaWIH: Congratulations to our 2 AHCA All-Americans! #6 Erica Sloan -All American First Team⭐️ #32 Angels Hawthorne -All American…/ / 2 days ago
- RT @UCHCHockey: NEWS - Erica Sloan and Angela Hawthorne of @UCPioneers @UCWIH and Julia Holmes of @NazAthletics @NazarethWhockey Named 2022…/ / 3 days ago
- RT @UCPioneers: Lucky number 7 🍀 Game 1: Conte tosses a gem, going the distance with just one run allowed! Game 2: LP goes yard to help p…/ / 3 days ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- ad fraud
- ad tech
- Bob Hoffman
- digital marketing
- digital media
- direct marketing
- marketing strategy
- Mark Ritson
- product development
- Simon Sinek
- social media
Category Archives: Social Media Marketing
Your Facebook Rebate
Posted on Monday, 16 July 2018 10:27 am by markpilip
Q2 2018 is in the books. Plenty of time for advertisers and their agencies to true up Q1 and really start work on the second half of the year. As a reminder, in Q1 Facebook removed: 583MM fake accounts. 21MM … Continue reading →
Posted in digital marketing, fraud, Social Media Marketing | Tagged accountability, accounting, advertising fraud, bots, Facebook, fraud | Comments Off on Your Facebook Rebate
The Forgotten Boolean NOT
Posted on Tuesday, 3 April 2018 9:02 am by markpilip
I spent last week in Glasgow and London, with a UK SIM card temporarily in my phone. As part of my daily routine of checking Twitter, I learned that many social media advertisers and agencies have forgotten how to use … Continue reading →
Posted in Data, digital marketing, Direct Response, Media, Social Media Marketing, Tactics | Tagged audiences, Boolean, BT Sport, logic, merge/purge, Nescafe, reach, Santander | Comments Off on The Forgotten Boolean NOT
Facebook is pumping out a lot of spin these days. They’re trying to make us forget they ran (and continue to run) a massive, unregulated surveillance operation. They’re trying to distance themselves from Cambridge Analytica in any way possible, before … Continue reading →
Posted on Friday, 23 March 2018 8:42 am by markpilip | Comments Off on Were You the Same in 2014?
Posted on Wednesday, 21 February 2018 8:29 am by markpilip
The ever thought-provoking Don Marti wrote something in “This is why we can’t have nice brands” on February 17th that reminded me of a standard direct mail practice: “Twitter has a solution that keeps its ads saleable: just don’t show … Continue reading →
Posted in Branding, digital marketing, Direct Response, fraud, Media, Social Media Marketing, Strategy | Tagged digital advertising, Don Marti, Twitter | Comments Off on Media Whitewash
Unilever Drains the Digital Swamp?
Posted on Monday, 12 February 2018 8:40 am by markpilip
Unilever’s Keith Weed will speak at the IAB today. He’ll talk about his frustration with the lack of the “3 Vs” (viewability, verification, value) in social media platforms. But he’s really looking to have his Marc Pritchard moment by threatening … Continue reading →
Posted in Branding, digital marketing, fraud, Leadership, Social Media Marketing | Tagged digital advertising, IAB, Keith Weed, platforms, transparency, Unilever | Comments Off on Unilever Drains the Digital Swamp?
Bots in the Walled Garden!
Posted on Friday, 29 September 2017 10:17 am by markpilip
I’ve been getting a spike in “likes” every week for my Facebook business page over the last 4-6 months. They’re all clearly bot likes, as they appear to come from India, where I do no business nor have friends or … Continue reading →
Posted in digital marketing, fraud, Social Media Marketing | Tagged bots, digital advertising, digital fraud, Facebook, fraud, Google, Twitter, walled garden | Comments Off on Bots in the Walled Garden!
Guitar Effects: Two Legends and a Sale
Posted on Friday, 1 September 2017 9:12 am by markpilip
My core beliefs include positivity and assuming goodwill. If you only knew me from my writing here, you might not think that. It’s hard to be positive sometimes when I seem to spend the whole day mired in “digital” marketing … Continue reading →
Posted in Branding, Communications, digital marketing, Guitar, Marketing, Media, Sales, Social Media Marketing | Tagged Anderton's, guitar, Lee Anderton, Pete Honore, TC Electronics, Tore, YouTube | Comments Off on Guitar Effects: Two Legends and a Sale
Twitter’s NYC Targeting Tribulations: Dunkin’ Donuts Edition
Posted on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 2:47 pm by markpilip
If you don’t know exactly what you are buying in social media, don’t run the impression. Never, ever, trust the algorithm Continue reading →
Posted in Marketing, Media, Social Media Marketing, Tactics | Tagged Dunkin' Donuts, segmentation, social media, targeting, Twitter | Comments Off on Twitter’s NYC Targeting Tribulations: Dunkin’ Donuts Edition
You must be logged in to post a comment.