- Virtue Signaling and Fake Marketers Thursday, 22 February 2018 8:12 am
- We Couldn’t Afford To Buy Records Wednesday, 21 February 2018 8:02 pm
- Media Whitewash Wednesday, 21 February 2018 8:29 am
- Humans Monday, 19 February 2018 11:34 am
- Unilever Drains the Digital Swamp? Monday, 12 February 2018 8:40 am
- Apparently, yes. Only a “good guy with a gun” can stop a bad guy, in twisted @NRA “logic”. Govt employees are, by… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…/ / 2 hours ago
- RT @acfou: If your display ad CTRs (click through rates) are 10X to 100X larger than these benchmarks, something's wrong (hint: it's not be…/ / 2 hours ago
- RT @ADKBankCenter: Comeback complete!! @UCMensHockey defeats Neumann 5-2 to move on to the @UCHCHockey Championship!! https://t.co/bDBMRij…/ / 2 hours ago
- @BrothersLincoln Hey @BrothersLincoln I live in VA. Never been to NE, let alone Lincoln. Yet you showed me a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…/ / 2 hours ago
- RT @MikeWiseguy: What's the line on the Olympic Athletes of Russia men's hockey team accepting their invitation to the White House? 2-1? Ev…/ / 2 hours ago
- RT @dmarti: Algorithmically optimized to be a rage-clicking shitshow...just the place to advertise your #brand, right? https://t.co/4c1HoVa…/ / 2 hours ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- ad fraud
- ad tech
- Bob Hoffman
- digital marketing
- digital media
- direct marketing
- marketing strategy
- product development
- Simon Sinek
- social media
Tag Archives: strategy
…properly-trained marketers focus on improving business performance. A bigger marketing budget might be a second order effect.
When somebody claims they’re a data-driven marketer, generally that means their actions are driven by cursory analysis of biased data sets, and that they lack a coherent strategy.
Out of nowhere, something appears on your radar. You’re not sure how long it’s been there. You can get upset that you never noticed it before, because it might have changed the last decision. Or you can acknowledge that you … Continue reading
Says the great Drayton Bird in his email this morning: “On-line marketing is just accelerated direct marketing.” He’s right. It’s therefore more important than ever that your marketers are properly trained: it’s harder to keep the rubber on the road … Continue reading
But before you get bogged down in match rate discussions, the more important strategic work needs to have been done up front. Never delve into tactics without understanding the mission and the strategy to accomplish the mission. Continue reading
I was talking about company mission and vision statements with Paresh Shah, a good and smart friend of mine. During the discussion, he gave me a simple rule to see if your mission was good or not: “Write out the … Continue reading
In the United States in 2014, only 1.7% of the undergraduate degrees awarded were history degrees. In the period since 1971, the share of history and social sciences degrees has declined from 18% to 9%. 1 Why study history? According to … Continue reading
Want to win in marketing? Think like a marketer, not the NSA. Surveillance doesn’t equal marketing strategy. Continue reading