- Know and Value Your Customer: A Forgotten Rule Friday, 24 July 2020 7:52 am
- Chumbox Your Users While Taboolaing Your Brand Equity Monday, 1 June 2020 11:59 am
- You’re Probably Laundering Oligarch Bucks Monday, 16 December 2019 9:42 am
- Killing the Paywall Monday, 12 August 2019 7:56 am
- D-Day Thursday, 6 June 2019 9:15 am
- RT @uticaadmissions: We miss our Pioneers 🧡💙 https://t.co/WINuahyVkY/ / 12 hours ago
- RT @jarroddicker: Media companies want to believe they’re competitive with platforms. They’re not. Platforms have taken on the role of t…/ / 12 hours ago
- RT @tribelaw: States should all adopt the #postmark rule: any ballot postmarked by November 3 should be included in the tally, even if it a…/ / 12 hours ago
- Wait, we’re in B? Ahhhh rats. https://t.co/1WxFgXhGYK/ / 15 hours ago
- RT @profgalloway: The four report combined quarterly profit of $28.6 billion during one of the worst economies on record. (But no, there is…/ / 3 days ago
- @minimalstrat Good lord, what a horrible non-word. What charlatan came up that?/ / 3 days ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- ad fraud
- ad tech
- Bob Hoffman
- digital marketing
- digital media
- direct marketing
- marketing strategy
- Mark Ritson
- product development
- Simon Sinek
- social media
Tag Archives: strategy
Avinash Kaushik created a (new to me) term the other day. In his email on Friday, he coined the term Taboolaing to refer to the use of the chumboxes offered by dreadful companies like Taboola to destroy one’s brand equity. … Continue reading
…properly-trained marketers focus on improving business performance. A bigger marketing budget might be a second order effect.
When somebody claims they’re a data-driven marketer, generally that means their actions are driven by cursory analysis of biased data sets, and that they lack a coherent strategy.
Out of nowhere, something appears on your radar. You’re not sure how long it’s been there. You can get upset that you never noticed it before, because it might have changed the last decision. Or you can acknowledge that you … Continue reading
Says the great Drayton Bird in his email this morning: “On-line marketing is just accelerated direct marketing.” He’s right. It’s therefore more important than ever that your marketers are properly trained: it’s harder to keep the rubber on the road … Continue reading
But before you get bogged down in match rate discussions, the more important strategic work needs to have been done up front. Never delve into tactics without understanding the mission and the strategy to accomplish the mission. Continue reading
I was talking about company mission and vision statements with Paresh Shah, a good and smart friend of mine. During the discussion, he gave me a simple rule to see if your mission was good or not: “Write out the … Continue reading