- The silence of the fake influencers and lack-of-thought leaders is deafening… Saturday, 22 September 2018 3:15 pm
- Your Facebook Rebate Monday, 16 July 2018 10:27 am
- Talent > Systems Wednesday, 13 June 2018 8:47 am
- Default Power Thursday, 5 April 2018 10:37 am
- The Forgotten Boolean NOT Tuesday, 3 April 2018 9:02 am
- RT @jason_kint: Wow. UK Parliament member calls for CMA (Competition and Markets Authority) to consider investigating Facebook’s advertisin…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @UCWomensHockey: Congratulations to freshman @georgiesant2 on a 2 goal, 3 point performance in today’s exhibition win over @CantonWHockey/ / 1 day ago
- RT @tribelaw: Who brings an autopsy specialist and a bone saw to a “discussion” or even a “fistfight”? You’d have to be an idiot to buy thi…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @yashalevine: Not surprising that Silicon Valley's for-profit surveillance business is built on fake accounting. It's the American Way!…/ / 3 days ago
- RT @ProPublica: The Trump family lied to push their deals around the world. And they profited. propub.li/2RTwSuv/ / 3 days ago
- Excellent! Now if we can convince gear makers to quit the still-too-prevalent misogynistic ads. Why turn off 50% of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…/ / 3 days ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- ad fraud
- ad tech
- Bob Hoffman
- digital marketing
- digital media
- direct marketing
- marketing strategy
- Mark Ritson
- product development
- Simon Sinek
- social media
Tag Archives: strategy
…properly-trained marketers focus on improving business performance. A bigger marketing budget might be a second order effect.
When somebody claims they’re a data-driven marketer, generally that means their actions are driven by cursory analysis of biased data sets, and that they lack a coherent strategy.
Out of nowhere, something appears on your radar. You’re not sure how long it’s been there. You can get upset that you never noticed it before, because it might have changed the last decision. Or you can acknowledge that you … Continue reading
Says the great Drayton Bird in his email this morning: “On-line marketing is just accelerated direct marketing.” He’s right. It’s therefore more important than ever that your marketers are properly trained: it’s harder to keep the rubber on the road … Continue reading
But before you get bogged down in match rate discussions, the more important strategic work needs to have been done up front. Never delve into tactics without understanding the mission and the strategy to accomplish the mission. Continue reading
I was talking about company mission and vision statements with Paresh Shah, a good and smart friend of mine. During the discussion, he gave me a simple rule to see if your mission was good or not: “Write out the … Continue reading
In the United States in 2014, only 1.7% of the undergraduate degrees awarded were history degrees. In the period since 1971, the share of history and social sciences degrees has declined from 18% to 9%. 1 Why study history? According to … Continue reading
Want to win in marketing? Think like a marketer, not the NSA. Surveillance doesn’t equal marketing strategy. Continue reading