- Automation and Digital Marketing Monday, 22 May 2017 12:25 pm
- Why Are We Eliminating The Human? Tuesday, 16 May 2017 9:57 am
- Ad Exchange Rules of Thumb Thursday, 11 May 2017 9:00 am
- Fake News Root Cause: Digital Advertisers Wednesday, 10 May 2017 9:32 am
- Now, Nobody Will Read About It Wednesday, 3 May 2017 7:41 am
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- 2012 adtech advertising analysis apple Bob Hoffman branding career communications D-Day data digital marketing digital media direct marketing fraud Google ideas leadership marketing Mark Ritson media meetings online advertising organization philosophy planning predictions privacy product development programmatic sales security segmentation Simon Sinek social media strategy technology thinking travel Why
Category Archives: Marketing
Why are digital marketing vendors so obsessed with automating the processes involved in advertising? Continue reading
Somewhere in our rush to use digital media, we got obsessed with reach and the size of audiences (the magic word again) and impressions. We got taken for a ride by the ad tech industry hucksters, who built an almost-perfect money-making machine on top of fake inventory created on phony websites. Continue reading
“All you have to know is what it is.” Said Richard Feynman, in his introduction to his famous Sir Douglas Robb Lectures on quantum electrodynamics at Auckland University in 1979. Feynman’s brilliance in those lectures and his book on the … Continue reading
In digital advertising comes from the advertisers. That means advertisers ultimately call all the shots: where they buy, how they buy, and what technologies they use.
I believe in the old “40/40/20” rule of direct response marketing which states that 40% of the performance of a campaign is dependent on the the list, 40% on the offer, and 20% on everything else. You can also think of it as the “Three Rights” which you must do correctly to for successful digital performance marketing campaigns. Continue reading
Go to your digital marketing team and your advertising agency and see how many of those people are using ad blockers so they can get their work done. You might be surprised and you should be embarrassed. Continue reading
One word that seems to have been banished from business is “vendor.” It has been replaced by the kinder, everybody-gets-a-medal term “partner.” I hear this all the time in pitches to my clients. “We want to partner with you to … Continue reading