- Your Target Audience Just Got Bigger Thursday, 26 January 2023 9:05 am
- Sometimes Friday, 15 April 2022 7:58 am
- Who Pulled the Names? Friday, 4 December 2020 8:45 am
- Creating a Narrative… Thursday, 12 November 2020 7:45 am
- What are Your Principles? Wednesday, 19 August 2020 7:56 am
- RT @dailystoic: Today, if you find yourself rushed or saying "I just don't have enough time," stop and take a second. Is this actually tru…/ / 8 hours ago
- Caps up 2-0 at start of 2nd. Let’s go Caps! #ALLCAPS https://t.co/KrkGN4AnOn/ / 1 day ago
- Will @sseagalofficial be teaching the orcs how to roll around like clowns when they’re hit? I mean his silly run is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…/ / 1 day ago
- RT @UCPioneers: Dobay, Allen and Parker Earn AHCA All-American Status bit.ly/3nicPdu/ / 1 day ago
- RT @ZelenskyyUa: Zaporizhzhia. Right now, residential areas where ordinary people and children live are being fired at. This must not becom…/ / 2 days ago
- RT @KyivPost: ⚡️The US will hand over #Patriot missile defence systems to #Ukraine faster than originally planned, CNN has reported, citing…/ / 3 days ago
Mark Pilipczuk's blog by Mark Pilipczuk is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.markpilip.com.
- ad fraud
- ad tech
- Bob Hoffman
- digital marketing
- digital media
- direct marketing
- marketing strategy
- Mark Ritson
- product development
- Simon Sinek
- social media
Monthly Archives: March 2017
Are You Running These Ads? Why?
Go to your digital marketing team and your advertising agency and see how many of those people are using ad blockers so they can get their work done. You might be surprised and you should be embarrassed. Continue reading
Posted in Leadership, Marketing Tagged advertising, leadership, quality Comments Off on Are You Running These Ads? Why?
One word that seems to have been banished from business is “vendor.” It has been replaced by the kinder, everybody-gets-a-medal term “partner.” I hear this all the time in pitches to my clients. “We want to partner with you to … Continue reading
Friday, 24 March 2017 8:50 am Comments Off on Partner? Nope. Vendor!
Segment the universe first, determine your target audiences, and craft offers that appeal to those people. If you’re mostly worried about audience reach or how many devices are in your graph (whatever that is), you’re not marketing. Sorry.
Tuesday, 21 March 2017 10:26 am Comments Off on Marketing: It’s About People
Advertising Needs More History Majors
In the United States in 2014, only 1.7% of the undergraduate degrees awarded were history degrees. In the period since 1971, the share of history and social sciences degrees has declined from 18% to 9%. 1 Why study history? According to … Continue reading
Posted in Leadership, Marketing, Philosophy, Strategy Tagged AI, history, liberal arts, machine learning, neural networks, strategy Comments Off on Advertising Needs More History Majors
Fairy Tale: “Ads We Want to See”
One of the biggest fantasies shared by digital marketers and advertising technology providers is that people want to see ads. The problem isn’t them, it’s us. If only we installed more technology (and chipped away at privacy a little more), we’d … Continue reading
Posted in Branding, Communications, Marketing, Media, Strategy Tagged adtech, consumer, creative, delusion, digital marketing, identity management, technology Comments Off on Fairy Tale: “Ads We Want to See”
Originally posted on Marketing Science:
Our critics have been few, and rather kind (nothing of substance has been raised). Now and then a marketing guru issues a thinly disguised advertisement for their consulting services that tries to have a go…
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Answering critics